Do you love to sing, meet new people, and surround yourself with great music?
If so, Northwest Choral Society wants YOU!
Members are selected by audition from volunteer singers throughout northwest Chicago and the northwest suburbs.
Singing with Northwest Choral Society is a challenging and rewarding experience. As a member, you can expect to perform three concerts each year with invitations to participate in occasional additional performances.
Auditions are held on an ongoing basis throughout the concert season and over the summer.
- You should be prepared to sing one selection of your choosing that highlights the strengths of your voice and allows you to express yourself.
- Accompaniment will be provided. Please bring a copy of your music for the pianist.
- You will be asked to sight read and vocalize.
- Most auditions take about 15 minutes.
What to expect if accepted
- Rehearsals are generally held from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday evenings, with longer rehearsals or extra evenings as required closer to performances, as well as one Saturday morning rehearsal per concert.
- Rehearsals are usually held at First Presbyterian Church, 302 N Dunton Ave, Arlington Heights, IL 60004.
- We rehearse from September through early June.
- NWCS performs at various venues throughout the Chicago northwest suburbs.
- We encourage our members to participate in every concert. However, depending on the circumstances, one may be excused from singing.
- Annual dues are $100.
- We perform 3 concerts a year—in December, March or April and June.
To schedule an audition, please complete our Audition Form below, or call 224-485-9127 and leave a message. We will contact you as soon as possible to make arrangements (usually within 24 hours).